Friday, March 03, 2006

Lunch with Shannon Emmerson

Before the weekend begins, I want to blog about a great lunch I had this week with Shannon Emmerson from Electronic Arts. Based out of Vancouver, Shannon is the Manager, Worldwide Knowledge at EA, an organization with close to 6000 employees!

I met Shannon a couple weeks ago while attending the Northern Voice Moose Camp. During one of the roundtable discussions, she overheard me mention KM, and thankfully introduced herself. It's always great to meet others doing KM work here in Vancouver -- and honestly, I don't get that opportunity very often.

We had an interesting chat, from which I noted a number of the same culture issues we face in the legal environment. I suppose that shouldn't come as any surprise, but it was a good reminder that I should be branching my reading out (again!) to include KM practices in other industries.

If you're interested in finding out more about the KM efforts at EA, check out this link to a presentation Shannon did last year at SFU. [approved for posting]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home